Wednesday, September 23, 2009

my home

I really don't believe in coincidences anymore. So, when Ella came up to me so sweetly yesterday morning and said, "you my home, mommy..." it had to be God. I mean, she's pretty brilliant *of course* but she had no way of knowing that the night before I was given this Word:

Lord, You have been our home since the beginning. Before the mountains were born and before You created the world, You are God.

You have always been, and you always will be.

Psalm 90:1-2


I very much needed a pick-me-up and Ella delivered just in time. I smiled at how in that moment God was saying to me I see you, I know you, I love you... here's a tiny glimpse of how I feel when you trust Me. Hold on to Me. Trust Me. Always. You are her home for now. I Am your Home for all time.

1 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

The sentiments of that verse been in my thoughts lately. I've been singing "This world is not my home", and I find so much comfort in it. We are moving, yet again, just as we have found a place we love and would like to stay, and all this uprooting and starting over is a constant reminder that we aren't supposed to put our roots down here...in a house...in a community...in one place permanently. The only place those permanent roots need to be planted are in Christ, because this world isn't my home. (And neither are the past 6 places I've lived in, in 8 years ;).