Monday, October 5, 2009

I've been reminded...

that even though things are difficult in this season, that I have been "fully persuaded" to believe God. I was on Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries Blog earlier tonight, working to catch up with the scripture memory challenge. Whew! Procrastination is not a good thing, well, usually it's not. But as I was working, I came across one of the verses Beth chose to memorize, and had I read it two months ago when she posted it, it wouldn't have spoken to me nearly like it did tonight. This is from Romans 4, speaking about Abraham's faith. Like Beth suggested, I'll be changing the "he's" referencing Abraham to "she's" to make this verse personal to me.

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

Romans 4:20-21

Will I ever truly and consistently not waver during trials and times where I'm tempted to cave in to fear? And I love this one too:

I cry out to God Most High, who fulfills His purpose for me.

Psalm 57:2


I know, I believe wholy, that God is working His purpose out for us in our current situation. We are growing and changing. Now, it may be one step forward and two steps back, mind you, but I'd like to think He sees it for something.

Thanking the One who has given us this day our daily bread.

1 comments:

tamblair said...

It's in times like these that your daily bread means so much more than before... it's exhausting and challenging, but please know that your family is in my prayers during this time. We will all make it through to the other side!