Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ella is 3!

Ella at 2 months


That seems so absurd, really, that my little baby girl is 3 today. I'm a little upset about it honestly, but so grateful to have her in my life and excited to see her Father's will for her life unfold. So far, she is really gifted at bringing joy.

Her birthday celebration began on Saturday with a girls-only {much to Miles' chagrin} princess tea party. We enjoyed have 5 little princesses join us, along with their moms, two aunts and some other special moms. The girls watched a princess movie after their lunch while the moms, aunts, my mom and I enjoyed a nice, pretty much quiet, leisurely tea party of our own.

Today Ella, her boys {as she calls them}, and I had lunch with my mom and then headed to build-a-bear. Ella loved choosing her animal {a pink bear - no surprise there}. She chose the heart, kissed it, stepped on the stuffing pedal, and chose a Sleeping Beauty dress {and pink panties, of course}.
Tonight we had dinner with Jonathan's parents and then came home for our family presents and a birthday doughnut. Here she is wearing her Fancy Nancy dress {thanks Meme and Granddaddy!} and the princess gloves that Elijah wanted to give her.
I love these words from "Eliana's Song" by Watermark:
Baby woman, tiny in stature now
But your heart is a treasure
Little princess come follow behind me now
I am reaching for you

To mother a daughter, to look you in the eye
To know that I had everything, to walk with you in life
To give you to Jesus that He would impart
The wisdom that I'm longing for to mother your heart

There will be others to lead and to guide you girl
But only one you'll call Mother, the honor is all mine
To show you what a woman's like
I'm so glad you're mine

The tenderness of God is twirling around
In our living room tonight
Lighting up your daddy's eyes
And know that he just wants to freeze you in time
"The tenderness of God" is absolutely evident in our sweet little girl and I am forever thankful He chose to give her to us. Happy, happy birthday to my baby woman!

"The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord." Psalm 45:11

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautiful! And wow, love that song! What a gorgeous girl you have! Happy Birthday Ella. Man, the years go by so fast. My oldest will be 20 this year. It doesn't seem right. It doesn't seem possible. That's the CUTEST bear tuat Ella created!

Katie said...

So precious! Tell Miss Ella that she makes the prettiest princess that I've ever seen!

Unknown said...

She is getting so big and still looks just like your mom! What a full day. I don't think my boys would appreciate a tea party. :( ha ha