Saturday, April 5, 2008

for mom

I took Mom to the airport a few days ago so she could go and visit my brother and his family. She's gone. For two. more. weeks. So I did really fast shopping after I dropped her off and Ella and I made it home just in time to get the boys from school. Mom left her car here at our house, so the boys thought she was here, even though I had told them earlier where I was taking her. I was proceeding to get Ella out of the stroller while Elijah locked the storm door, locking the rest of us outside, because he was so angry about Gammie being gone. I was understandably quite irate by this point. He was not anywhere in sight through the windows. I was pretty upset and knocked loudly and yelled for him to come back. And I knocked on one of the window pains and broke it. Do I sound like a crazy woman yet? I really didn't hit it that hard. Finally Elijah came and unlocked the storm door, then promptly went to hide under his bed. Good idea. Of course, Jonathan had to leave work to come and fix my window. Elijah's punishment? He lost his treasured good puppy for 4 days. Not exactly the start to being without Mom's help that I was anticipating...don't worry though, Mom, things have been better since then. But, the boys (I'm sure) would want to dedicate this video to you...

3 comments:

tamblair said...

Oh, I have been locked out numerous occasions by my #2. And the most recent was the other day when I told her she could not have a snack. At least I didn't break the window (only because we have hidden an extra key for such emergencies). Do you want to use my Crazy Mama title for a few days???

Mom of 4 Maniacs said...

I"m not even going to comment further on this post. Wimp.

Betsy said...

So your momma's out of town? You know how very very sorry I feel for you! (:
Would you like a few extra kids to help you pass the time? I have 5 little boys at my house right now!