Wednesday, March 3, 2010

a quick update

Due to my fatigue, mad procrastination skills, and self-diagnosed ADD, I have not been much of a blogger lately. I am now 15 weeks, 2 days into this pregnancy and evidently {according to thebump.com} our little one is navel orange-sized. Here's what babycenter.com says about week 15:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces. She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.
Because of some shifting around of appointments, and thanks to my sweet doctor, our ultrasound will be earlier than we've had one before. He wanted me to wait 5 weeks between my last appointment and the next one so the babe will be a little bigger for an ultrasound at 18 weeks. When the receptionist made my appointment I smiled, and then almost cried, because it will be on the 4th anniversary of my dad's death. Lord willing, it will be a sweet way to spend that special day. God never ceases to amaze me with His perfect timing. He obviously delights the in handling our details.

So, we have 3 weeks to officially decide if we will find out this little one's gender. We always have, but we think it will be so exciting to wait on this one. I'm not sure if I'm that patient, but I think I'm willing to challenge myself. Everyone I've spoken to who has waited has been very encouraging to me and say that it is well worth the wait. As of our last discussion {last night} we plan to wait. Time will tell.

0 comments: