Saturday, March 19, 2011

what I've been up to.

1. sewing. And I may have bitten off more than I can chew this time. I'm attempting an heirloom lace dress for Milla for Easter. This pattern has to be one of the easiest lace dresses to make ever, but it's kicking my tail. After this one, I'll move on to Ella's, which hopefully will be easier because Swiss eyelet lace is less delicate than the French lace on Milla's. Now I understand why these dresses cost so much to purchase already made. Yikes.

photo(9)

2. eating green ice cream. Actually I've only done this once and it was to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day at a local eatery. Elijah and Ella went for the plain chocolate, but Miles and I braved a chocolate and green swirl. Yum.

photo(8)

So, to recap... I've been sewing {and sewing and sewing and sewing}. It's taken my efforts away from most everything else {except the basic care of my children, of course}. The laundry and dishes are piling up. But this dress will NOT defeat me, so something has to give. Right? And one time I had green ice cream. The end.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

After watching my mother and aunt sew heirloom dresses my whole life, I knew it was something that was not easy to do. I am sure it will be wonderful!!! I can't wait for you to show us the finished products!!

Betsy said...

wow, i'm impressed, I don't feel like I'll ever get around to sewing again! including poor addison's nursery curtains.... good thing she likes to rise with the sun anyway....

Unknown said...

Can you make those with hemming tape?