Monday, June 6, 2011

listing gifts

this listing gifts makes me look, really look, to see what He is giving. a gift in itself.

  • {56} AW Tozer's writing: "The man who has God for his treasure has all things in One. Whatever he may lose he has actually lost nothing - for now he has it all in One." 
  • {57} Knock of nephew on the door making uncle take a break from the work pressing down.
  • {58} The happy, running children because of that knock and the asking to come and play.
  • {59} The sending of His words through the words of another, whether written or spoken, perfectly timed.
  • {60} Like this: "Parenting is a process of regular disturbances for a high and noble end... we are to train and instruct our children. Training is sometimes painful, occasionally noisy, usually bothersome, and always purposeful." from Devotions for Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas via thegypsymama.com.
  • {61} and this in her own words: "This business of raising small children is sacred soil and what I sow into it now is what I'm leaving them to reap." 
  • {62} Miles telling me, "Mom, I remember when Milla was as small as a sesame seed." He brings this up from time to time, recalling what I said early in pregnancy with her.
  • photo(30)
  • {63} Ella safe after a close call at the pool. I can't thank Him enough {or get the image out of my head.}
  • photo(25)
  • {64} The reminder - do not take them for granted.
  • {65} The dance recital. I laughed. I cried.
  • {66} My dancer.
  • {67} And how she loves me.
  • {68} Miles dressing himself for the recital. Button-up shirt. Jeans. Boots. Cowboy hat.
  • {69} Experiencing a roly poly with the first three.
  • {70} New {but careful} bravery in the pool. Ella and Miles jumping off the diving board with floaties.
  • {71} Milestones. {Finally} standing. Just now crawling.
  • {72} The everlasting arms of Deuteronomy 33:27.

I'll keep looking, listing. Others will too...

0 comments: