Sunday, November 18, 2007

2 little indian boys

On Friday the boys had Thanksgiving feasts at school. They sang a few songs (like Mr. Turkey, big and fat, I am going to eat you!) and then ate a semi-Thanksgiving lunch. I was assigned dressing for Eli's class. I was intimidated but, thanks to my mother-in-law's great recipe, I actually made some pretty tasty dressing. So, above are my 2 little indian boys. Gina, hopefully you'll feel a little better knowing that they actually are 1/16 Cherokee - can't you tell? Post edit: Oops, they are 1/32.
Jonathan and I were so excited to become pilgrim parents in Eli's classroom. I really think the dads were better sports about it than the moms, but collars and hats made from napkins just aren't flattering!
I was a "room mom" for Miles' party and helped another Mom to decorate and come up with a turkey craft/dessert. We had a lot of fun doing it. Here is Miles with his turkey cookie. This turkey bit the dust right after this picture was taken.

So, here comes Thanksgiving and the countdown to Christmas. We are excited that our friends Rob, Anita, Ian and Lily will be with us on Thursday with Jonathan's family. My aunt will be up visiting my mom and we'll have a big shopping day Friday! We will also celebrate my sister-in-law, Allison's birthday with a girls' lunch on Friday. I really enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas, and barring the shopping and money flying out the windows that the season brings, I'm really happy that we've come to the holidays again.

1 comments:

tamblair said...

Jonathan makes a great pilgrim! Hope you guys have a great holiday.