Monday, September 10, 2007

Off to school!

Here are my sweet, silly boys on their first day back to preschool. I look at this picture and I just can't believe how quickly they are growing. It makes me proud and happy, sentimental and a bit sad all at once. I recently read that to a mother of young children the days are long but the years are short. I try to remind myself of this when I'm frustrated. I wish I could bottle their little (but big!) personalities, sayings and laughter and pull it all out again one day when they are grown. Miles is now talking a blue streak - saying things like "is it not gonna be loud momma?" . But his current very favorite thing to say is "No!" in various ways from sweet and giggly to the more usual ugly and defiant. Elijah is busy thinking about letters (his favorite is "N") and the sounds they make. He is starting to sound out some short words and has recently decided that he now also likes little letters. (Last week he only liked capital letters.) I don't think it ever occurred to me to like or dislike certain letters or types of letters. Anyway, he's really enjoying his pre-K class so far. I can't believe he'll be in big school in a year.

0 comments: