Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Dream

I just found this song called A Dream by Priscilla Ahn and love it...had to share. I'm probably behind and all of you have heard it before. It is so ethereal sounding and speaks of a life well-lived, and eventually over ending at the moment of flying home. It speaks to that place in me that God left empty on purpose so I'd long for Him and Home. That place that aches. And as much as I miss my dad, I must say it is an amazing feeling to know that I have two fathers waiting at Home for me.


  • I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me.
  • I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green.
  • I had a dream
  • That I could fly from the highest swing.
  • I had a dream.
  • Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
  • The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep.
  • I had a dream
  • That I could fly from the highest tree.
  • I had a dream.
  • Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave.
  • I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.
  • I had a dream

0 comments: