Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Remembering

the first Valentine's Day we shared together. We weren't even actually dating yet, because Jonathan would still not ask me out on an official date. But his mom got me in on a little surprise birthday party planning for his birthday, which falls on February 14th. Several of our friends were there and we watched a movie and ate and had a good time. At the end, my brother came to pick up my friend and me. Jonathan called me to the kitchen and gave me a vase with roses in it along with a very sweet hug. Oh, hallelujah and the angels sang out loud! because I had been waiting for the moment when I could actually believe that he liked me back. He was so cautious with our relationship up to that point that I almost gave up on it. Thankfully, I did not give up, and here we are fifteen years and three kids later. So, happy birthday and Valentine's day, my love. I'm glad you finally decided to get with the program way back when. I love you.

And to the rest of you from all of us...

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I came to leave you a comment as soon as I got to work today to wish Jonathan Happy Birthday. I bet you never would have imagined what your future held 14 years ago. You have always had a special relationship, in dating and now in marriage. Happy Valentines day guys!

Anonymous said...

Whatever

Unknown said...

You guys are so sweet. :) I didn't realize Jonathan's b-day was on V-day.

Mom of 4 Maniacs said...

ya, 10 year old boys can be that way.

tamblair said...

You guys have been together FOREVER. That's so sweet!