Wednesday, March 4, 2009

my cat in the hat

I love myself some Dr. Seuss, so I was excited that Elijah's school has been celebrating his birthday this week. Today he got to dress up as the Cat in the Hat. As soon as he got home he and Miles disappeared for a while and when they returned, Miles had on the hat and Elijah had drawn whiskers and a nose on him. It was too cute. Anybody remember Oh, the Places You'll Go? I still love it!

You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3 / 4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!

---Dr. Seuss

On to another topic... on the way to church tonight (just the boys were with me), out of the clear blue, my Cat in the Hat tried to get the "cat out of the bag." He asks, without reason or warning, "Momma, how do babies get out of mommas bodies?" What!!?? Stop the car! Are you kidding me?! Are you out of your mind??!! And then I was saved because he saw the star Sirius and suddenly said "look Mom, it's Sirius!" I have never in my life been so happy to talk about a star...I excitedly said, "Where is Sirius?!! Show me! Tell me more about that star!!" And by the grace of God, I was able to avoid that conversation. I am not ready for it. In the words of Beth Moore, "is anybody going where I'm driving?" and I certainly don't want to drive there just yet! My little cat in the hat doesn't need to know things like that!



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Why don't you know? They come out of your belly button! We were watching a show on Seahorses one time, and they mate for life. The male does a dance to entice the female. Peyton looked at me and said, you and daddy do the seahorse dance. Ack!