Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Be Strong and Courageous

Eli woke up twice last night due to having bad dreams. The second time he came to our room, to my side of the bed and asked me to come sing to him in his room. Bless him. I just don't like having to get up from sleeping. Ever. But especially not in the middle of the night. Once we got to his room he asked me to sing Be Strong and Courageous and then to pray with him. I felt so happy and proud - he's getting it! When we are in uncertain situations we should have ready in our hearts the Word of God to carry us through. I was so happy he had woken me to share this moment with him. I sang him the song and then prayed over him that he'd have no more bad dreams. When I got back in my bed I prayed thanking God for that moment. Then I prayed that he would also bring that verse to my heart when I am in the middle of fear or anxiety...

Joshua 1:9 (New Living Translation)

New Living Translation (NLT)

Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.


9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”


0 comments: