Friday, January 18, 2008

For Mom

Jonathan gave me Beth Moore's book Things Pondered for Christmas. I have found in it a poem that gives the clearest, most beautiful explanation of God's purpose for marriage and it's relationship to us being the Bride of Christ. It also puts words to my thoughts on how my mom is surviving without my dad. Imagine your life without your husband in it...that is my mom's life. But God has given her strength, even when she doesn't ask him, even on the days she feels he is no where around. He is. I'm a witness to it.

Dear Bride to Be

  • Come to me, Dear Bride to be,
  • and kneel before My Throne
  • and I will share My heart with you
  • and make your house a home.
  • Listen well, lean closely
  • There are secrets at My feet-
  • The marriage you will soon begin
  • this Bridegroom will complete.
  • The man with whom you'll journey
  • is a wedding gift from me
  • to teach you things beyond this world...
  • a precious mystery.
  • Bearing all these things in mind
  • you'll never lack for wealth
  • for through your union I will choose
  • to teach you of Myself.
  • Let him hold you tightly
  • and keep you safe from harm
  • until one day I'll hold you
  • in My everlasting arms.
  • Let him wipe your tears away
  • and trust him with your pain
  • until I wipe them all away
  • and Heaven is your gain.
  • Pray to love his tender touch
  • and want his gentle kiss
  • I grant you both my blessing
  • and ask you not to miss
  • the reason why I've chosen
  • for two halves to become one-
  • that you might see the Bride of Christ,
  • Sweet Daughter and Dear Son.
  • So make his home a refuge
  • he's to love you as I do
  • until your mansion is complete...
  • a place prepared for you.
  • And if I should choose to leave you here
  • when I have called him home
  • trust I'll be your husband near...
  • you'll never be alone.

0 comments: