Wednesday, June 25, 2008

6 words

Back when we were on our anniversary trip, my friend Tamara tagged me to write a 6 word sentence that encompasses my life. Tamara, I didn't forget, it just took me a while to figure it out. I'd kind of think about it here and there but kept getting stuck. What I was coming up with sounded fake or trite. And then it hit me...

Jesus loves me, this I know.

From the fullness of His grace, I have received one blessing after another (John 1:16). Jesus loves me, this I know.

I have a wonderful husband and three precious children. Jesus loves me, this I know.

I am not a perfect mother. Jesus loves me, this I know.

I wake up tired most mornings. Jesus loves me, this I know.

I cannot be all things to all people. Jesus loves me, this I know.

My first baby will start kindergarten soon. I want to be very happy for him. Instead, I'm sad. Jesus loves me, this I know.

My Ella was trying to sing along with a song in the car today. The song is called "Hallelujah." Jesus loves me, this I know.

Miles has been very trying lately. I pray for him, knowing that his strong will will serve him well one day. Jesus loves me, this I know.

I don't feel as pretty as I used to. Three kids in four years. My husband still thinks I'm beautiful. Jesus loves me, this I know.

Jonathan works, and works, and works to take care of us. Then he works some more. Jesus loves me, this I know.

He still has time for us every day. Jesus loves me, this I know.

My mom still loves to take care of me. Jesus loves me, this I know.

I miss my dad. I just want to feel his arms around me. Jesus loves me, this I know.

I will face more grief in my life. I don't know when and I just can't let myself think about it. But it is inevitable. Jesus loves me, this I know.

The days can be long and hard. The years are too short. Jesus loves me, this I know.

I'm not at all done here, but I long for Home. Jesus loves me this I know.

He's preparing a place for me there. Jesus loves me, this I know.

I can only imagine when that day comes and I find myself standing in the Son.* Jesus loves me, this I know.

*
From I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe
When Dad was diagnosed with cancer in November 2005, his cousin Leah, who at that time was fighting cancer herself, gave him a burned CD with this song on it. I remember reading the list of songs just before Mom and I were leaving the house to run an errand. I told Dad to listen to this song when once we were gone. I wonder what he thought about and what he imagined. He doesn't have to imagine anymore. Leah doesn't either.

3 comments:

KC said...

I don't think you could have come up with any better sentence then that.. Jesus Loves Me This I Know..
Thank you Jesus..

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful post with wonderful thoughts. You have inspired me to strive to do better in some areas of my life.
P.S. I am upset about Brooks starting kindergarten soon too! I am trying the "fake it until you make it" strategy to see if it will make me be happier about it.

tamblair said...

That was beautiful, Kristin. I wish I had your depth right now. It was a very challenging excercise I thought. It really makes you think about your life.