Monday, June 16, 2008

poppa's office tower

In our house, and especially in our van, this is known as Poppa's office tower. My dad worked in this building, and we live near it, so every day (and I mean EVERY DAY) when we drive close to it I have two little voices yelling about it. So, wise woman that I am, I decided to take the kids to Dad's old office to meet some of his friends and take a look around. I actually thought I might converse with a few people while I was there. The boys had other plans. From walking out the office door to turning on and off the lights to Miles being chased down by two (TWO!) of Dad's co-workers, it was pretty much a nightmare for me. While the sweet people in radiation control didn't mind, and I think even had a little fun, chasing my boys around, I was pretty embarrassed. They found themselves in a decent amount of trouble when we got home. On the way home, I was just about in tears when I realized that Dad probably laughed and laughed as he looked down on that spectacle. I guess I'm grasping at straws to make some kind of connection to my Dad for my boys, because Miles has no memories of him and Elijah only has that of a three year old. Oh, well. I'm not laughing about today just yet, but I won't give up trying to make him real in the lives of his grandchildren.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is where Brent works. What floor were y'all on? Brent always comes home with crazy stories about things that go on in the tower. (Some of which I cannot share here due to the subject matter-needless to say I am always amazed!)

Kristin said...

radiation control is on the 7th floor. no matter what floor Brent is on, he probably heard my kids on Monday...