Wednesday, June 11, 2008

VBS

Anita and I taught this little group of two and three year-olds for VBS. This many at that age is crazy, fun, and pretty tiring. Tonight was our last night. That's Miles above playing ball - our theme this year was Game Day Central. Below is a group picture as we were trying to pump our kids up for the annual diaper derby.
Ella came in second in her race. In the diaper derby you must start out crawling, but can end up on your feet.
Miles' action shot - he was excited. Both to be in a race and to be running to his daddy.

And here's the picture I love. Our song time gets pretty loud and crazy, and here Elijah was just having fun, clapping and dancing for God. I love the feeling of this picture. One day, we will all be able to worship with this kind of purity, innocence, and abandon.
Out of the mouth of babes and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger.

(Psalms 8:2 ESV)

And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
(Matthew 18:2-6 ESV)

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.
(Matthew 18:10 ESV)

0 comments: